European Law and Your Privacy
Your rights under European law
- You can request access to, or the deletion or correction of your information.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information and in certain circumstances restrict the processing.
- Where you have granted consent for us to process your personal information and this is our only legal justification for the processing, you can withdraw that consent at any time for future processing.
- Under certain circumstances, you may be able to transfer the personal information you submitted to us to another company.
- You can lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
To learn more or exercise these rights, contact us here.
Under what legal justifications do we process personal information?
When we process personal information about you, we do so as necessary to provide the products you and your employer or travel sponsor use, to operate our business, to meet our contractual and legal obligations, to protect the security of our services, systems and customers, or to fulfill other legitimate interests as described in this statement.
How long do we keep personal information?
GBT keeps personal information for as long as necessary to provide our products and services, fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods will vary greatly. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes maintaining and improving the performance of those products, keeping our systems secure and keeping business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Have you or your travel/meeting sponsor provided the information with the expectation we will retain it until it is removed? For example, the details in your traveler profile will remain until you actively delete it or until your employer or sponsor notifies us that it is no longer necessary or they cease to be our client.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data? For example, tax and financial laws in some jurisdictions require us to keep invoices for a certain amount of time, or we may be subject to an order to preserve data relevant to an investigation or litigation.